Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby ?

My sister Stacey had a baby girl this morning, so as soon as school was out today I went straight to the hospital to see her (I had to be the first one there so she would know who her favorite aunt is going to be :-) ). She is so cute and she looks a lot like Anna (her older sister for those of you who don't know my sister and her family) - they have the exact same nose. If you have been on Mel and Stace's blog you saw pictures of her right after she was born, so here she is later in the afternoon. She is so cute and it is always so much fun to have a new baby in the family. Now if she just had a name . . . . Anna is already calling her Sophie but we'll see who gets to pick the name.

This is Anna's favorite picture - but keep going - the last picture is the cutest!

Anna has been waiting a long time for her baby sister and she is so excited she is here! I didn't get a picture with Thys and the baby - he had already gone home for his nap.


Here is a picture that shows all of her cute hair - she has a lot - it just doesn't stick straight up like Anna's did when she was born. And no, I didn't put the bow in her hair - it was already there when I got to the hospital!

4 comments:

Jana said...

Don't worry about getting there first to be the favorite Aunt. There is no competition. No one is even about to take on what you do to be the favorite Aunt. Can't wait to see her.

JaNae said...

i second jana's comment- no competition

Amy said...

Such a cute baby! I can't believe all the grandkids in your family now. I checked out jana's blog to see her cute family too. Wow...wasn't she just your baby sister?

Amy said...

I just read your comment on my blog. It is fun to keep in touch a little. Yes...YW is busy, but I really love it. Sara and I are a good team. We think alike and have fun while we do it all. The calling does take up a lot of time, and with John in the bishopric, he ends up being at a bunch of the same activities (which makes things difficult with the other kids), but I really do love knowing Kinsey's friends and peers so well. But I like the presidency meeting at Artic circle idea. Sounds good to me. And you can't fool me. Primary is pretty crazy in and of itself. I was in that presidency before this. Just a different kind of busy. Talk to you soon.
Amy