Sunday, August 10, 2008

Being the "Favorite Aunt" is work - but it is worth it!

A couple of weeks ago my niece Anna was at my house and was crying because she didn't want to go home, and I told her that we would have a sleepover one night with her and my other niece and nephew. When you tell a smart little 4-year old that doesn't forget anything something like that you better prepared to follow through. So, last Friday night we had our "little cousin" sleepover at Aunt Steph's. I didn't do it by myself - Bryn and Syd helped a lot (Mason was at scout camp). We had pizza, made cookies, walked to Snoasis (the best snow cone shack in town!) and got snowcones (we had to walk because I didn't have car seats - luckily it is just a few blocks up the street), made a craft - we always have to have a craft, played games with prizes for the winners, watched a movie and had popcorn, slept for a few hours, had pancakes and waffles for breakfast, and played some more. Little Thys came for part of the activities but didn't sleep over. So, here is a picture of my family room around midnight. Anna - the one with the green pillow is playing like she is asleep for this picture - it may not be such a good idea to give 3, 4, and 5-year olds snow cones at 9:00 at night right before you want them to go to bed! But, we all made it through the night and nobody woke up crying for their mom in the middle of night - which I was happy about! We had a lot of fun and we will probably do it again (but don't tell the kids that just yet, Jan and Stace).


E was really sleeping with her little hand on her cheek - this picture isn't posed!

Sweaty little O - he had to sleep in a sleeping bag even though it was a little warm.
Here is what Anna really looked like at midnight - wide awake!

Here is E with her lunch box we deocrated for our craft.
O with his lunch box.
Although it doesn't look like it in this picture - I think everyone had a good time.
Stace came to get Anna for her dance class and she wasn't happy about leaving.
Aren't they cute!!!!!
So, little cousins, thanks for coming and we love you!


7 comments:

Jana said...

Thanks, you truly are the best Aunt ever, no one will ever top you. The kids loved it!

Stacey and Mel said...

You really are the greatest aunt! Annie and Thys have so much fun at your house--even if you let Anna stay up until 1:00 a.m. (: Just a note--
Annie wouldn't have cried to leave for ballet if she hadn't been a LITTLE bit tired! (:

Steph Wynder said...

Again, I just have to say, Anna was in her sleeping bag, all of the lights were out, and everyone else was asleep so it's not like we were all up having a party. I could have used dad's line to Melissa and told her I was going to tape her eyes shut if she didn't go to sleep, but I didn't want to traumatize for her life!

Steph Wynder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Ayers said...

Cammy W found our blog & it led me to more & more bloggers that I know too! It's so funny! Very cute posting :) It's fun to look at everyone's life outside of church! haha Our fam blog is sleeplessinsaltlake.blogspot.com if you're interested. Love, Laura A

Grandma June said...

What cute kids.

JaNae said...

Hey I just read Bryn's story on her blog about you being pulled over- way to use the I'm related to a cop card- works for me all the time